Blokjes

Blokjes

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"The local farm is not accessible."-error

I came across the following error message when I was trying to do some powershell configuration on my FAST Search for SharePoint 2010 setup:

"The local farm is not accessible. Cmdlets with FeatureDependencyId are not registered."

At first I ignored this message, but when I tried to do some configuration using the Get-SPEnterpriseSearchExtendedQueryProperty cmdlet I got the following error, indicating the this cmdlet wasn't registered:


Apparently, this cmdlet is one that runs on farm level.

I didn't understand why my farm wasn't accessible, since I was running this powershell script on the SharePoint server itself as a farm administrator. I checked the event log (14Hive\LOGS) and found out I didn't have sufficient rights on the SharePoint configuration database:

01/05/2010 08:58:28.03     PowerShell.exe (0x2618)                     0x10F4    SharePoint Foundation             Database                          880j    High        SqlError: 'Login failed for user 'DEMO\mark'.'    Source: '.Net SqlClient Data Provider' Number: 18456 State: 1 Class: 14 Procedure: '' LineNumber: 65536 Server: 'sql'     
01/05/2010 08:58:28.03     PowerShell.exe (0x2618)                     0x10F4    SharePoint Foundation             Database                          3351    Critical    SQL database login for 'SharePoint_Config_SP2010DEMO' on instance 'sql' failed. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.  Login failed for user 'DEMO\mark'.     

When I made sure my account had sufficient rights, the problem was solved!

I guess this problem can pop-up in other occasions as well, so my advice is to check the log as soon as you encounter similar problems!

1 comment:

  1. Hai Mark wat leuk dat je op mijn blog hebt gekeken. Wist niet dat jij ook een blog hebt, maar aangezien het gaat over iets onbegrijpelijks misschien toch ook niet zo gek haha. Alles goed met jullie?
    Lieve groet,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete